none
Question marked as spam

Answers

• Please send an email with link to thread to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com and they will investigate and restore it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Gáski Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:47 PM

All replies

• Please send an email with link to thread to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com and they will investigate and restore it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Gáski Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:47 PM
  • Dave's advice is best. But this is the second post (at least) where someone describes a process I have never seen or heard of. I suspect it is new. I have never heard of someone getting a notice that their post is spam before the question is saved (or as the question is saved), then directed to post in this forum.

• To clarify, did you compose your question and then click Save, at which time you got the message you describe?
    • Did you edit your question after it was saved? If so, how many times?
    • Was your post very long?
    • Was your question immediately deleted?

The post you linked is now deleted. Only a moderator in the forum, or forum admins, can view deleted posts, unmark spam, or undelete them. So we cannot help, as we are not moderators in the forum, and we are not forum administrators.

I ask the questions because I want to inquire about this new process. Someone else was convinced their question was flagged as spam and deleted because it was too long. Another person believes they edited their question too many times. Neither of these reasons seem likely to me.

Edit: I just emailed fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com asking if there is a new process we don't know about.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:58 PM
  • Thanks for the advice. I will send an e-mail and hopefully this get's clarified - a bit annoying, this new process.

To your questions:

• To clarify, did you compose your question and then click Save, at which time you got the message you describe?
      Exactly. As soon as I wanted to post the question, there was a pop-up telling me my post was classified as spam. If I would feel this was wrong, I should click on a link. And this link took me to this forum where I saw similar requests.
    • Did you edit your question after it was saved? If so, how many times?
      No, I did not edit it. I wrote it and directly posted it.
    • Was your post very long?
      I would say no. And it contained no images, but one link to the MSDN library.
    • Was your question immediately deleted?
      It never appeared in the forum, I took a look. After I went through "My Profile">Activitiy I saw that I really posted the question, but got a "Thread deleted"

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Thank you for the response. The process seems new. I see now that your question appears in the forum where you posted. There is no indication that it was deleted or marked as spam. I also see where you posted in the current "Verify Your Account" thread. If you were directed to this forum, perhaps the intent was that you post there. But your having 55 points at the time makes that strange.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Great news!

Maybe my account needed to be verified due to my absence for the last couple of months - I just thought I would give it a try and in parallel post this thread to clarify if I should consider something else.

Though I will never now if it is because of the account verification or because of the email I send to the above mentioned address (if it is the latter, the guys are really quick).

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:06 AM
  • I emailed fissues asking the forum admins to look into 3 cases (including this one) where users were warned that their post was flagged as spam and they were directed to this forum. I asked if there was a new process and how the moderators in this forum  should handle the situations.

fissues replied that there is no change in the process, but they cleared the abusive flags. The posts now appear.

This still does not explain why users are informed immediately that their post is flagged as spam, and then are directed here. The moderators here can not remove the abusive flag, unless we happen to also be moderators in the forum where the user posted. All we can do is direct the users to email fissues.

I suspect that the contractors in charge of the forum code, or the Microsoft people directing them, modified the auto spam filter in an attempt to improve the process. I don't know if the process is to handle spam or new users that may need verification. I plan to investigate further.

As far as I know, an account with 55 points does not need verification, even if it has been inactive. I will say that the forum admins can be very responsive, although sometimes there is no one on duty for hours.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:43 AM