Installing SSRS on a Separate Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the SQL Reporting Service on a different server from the CRM server (Dynamics CRM 2011 Server) but when I run the reports, it is giving me the following error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Query execution failed for dataset 'DSMain'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

And it the SSRS log, I see the error:

library!ReportServer_0-1!2518!03/02/2015-15:57:36:: w WARN: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: 
    System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx). ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

We never had this issue when we installed the SSRS on the same server as the CRM server.  Is there anything I need to do to make it work?

• Edited by NJRCI Monday, March 2, 2015 9:59 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 9:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What you are trying has nothing to do with the installation. The error is you are not passing GUID as expected.

System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx). --->

Does OOTB reports work fine or you have this issue with OOTB reports as well? We have similar implementations on many environments and I have not seen this issue as well.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, March 2, 2015 10:28 PM
  • Same thing for the OOTB reports.

So any reason you can think of why it is not passing the GUID and how I can resolve that?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Did you make sure to install the SSRS CRM Connector on your new SSRS server?  That service acts as a connector to handle permissions between the two systems. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:34 PM