Yet another request for help with installation...or Blogger RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried connecting WLW to a Blogger account. I'm getting "RPC handler object ""blogger2"" not found and no default handler registered." Also, the account identifies itself as "Blogger (Legacy)."

I have Windows Live Writer Version 2008 (Build 12.0.1370.325) en.

I thought I'd try to update to the 14.0.5025.904 version. When I try, the installation runs almost to the end and then fails and rolls everything back. I've tried both the wlsetup-web.exe and the wlsetup-all.exe installation packages and I've tried both numerous times with some variations—for example, I tried disconnecting from the Internet and turning off my firewall.

In all cases, the installation log file ends with:

Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Install_{508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0}.msi.

My real goal is to connect to a Blogger account correctly, so that I can avoid the "blogger2" error and also so that I can download the blog styles. The update problem is less important unless it's the path to solving the Blogger connection problem.

Thanks for any help!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:36 PM

All replies

• The new version should fix the blogger problem. 

So installing the new version is your main problem.  You might try using the -all installer and running under an admin account.  Also, try uninstalling the old version of WLW before running the installer.  If all that doesn't work, send me an email at bturner@microsoft.com and we can continue working on it via email.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 12:34 AM