Unable to activate WIN XP Home. RRS feed

• Question

• Only 3 days left. Activation hampered do to moving and can not setup Internet connection. Brought PC to a friend’s home in order to get on line. Tried the phone capper and after giving the installation ID I’m told to wait for voice assistance, then the call gets dropped; 3 times. Tried to activate several times and now the Activation Window tells me I have exceeded the number of tries. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:07 PM

Answers

• Will8155,

Keep trying phone activation....internet activation will continue to give you the "too many times" notice.

(You are not the first person today to report that a phone activation center is having "technical difficulties" so try to be patient.)

Once you get to the automated system, it too will tell you too many times, at that point choose the option to speak with a live rep.  Explain your situation and answer the rep's questions, which are a screening process to try to make sure you are complying with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA).

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:40 PM

All replies

• Will8155,

Keep trying phone activation....internet activation will continue to give you the "too many times" notice.

(You are not the first person today to report that a phone activation center is having "technical difficulties" so try to be patient.)

Once you get to the automated system, it too will tell you too many times, at that point choose the option to speak with a live rep.  Explain your situation and answer the rep's questions, which are a screening process to try to make sure you are complying with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA).

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:40 PM
  • Thanks Dan, - Will try later.
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:54 PM
  • Dan - I was able to finally get through. - Thanks again for your help.
    Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:26 AM
  • Will8155,

You're welcome!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:49 AM