"Insufficient space" message - but there IS plenty of space on my remote hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• My Live One Care back up keeps returning the message "there is not sufficient space on this device to back up device to save the files you have selected."  However, that is ridiculous as the device has 337 gb left on it, and the file size given at the beginning of the back up process was only 2.3gb.  The back up "history" would seem to indicate that it HAD copied files today, BUT from the message I am doubtful if all of them were safely captured. Has anyone exprienced this problem also? HOW do I get the program to recognize there IS plenty of space on the drive to accomodate the latest back up (express, NOT full...)
    Thanks!
    Anne
    Monday, August 4, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you used One Care to back up to this device before?

Monday, August 4, 2008 9:29 PM
  • Yes, it has worked properly for about 3 months but is only now seemingly not find enough room on the drive. I have double checked the properties of the hard drive and they are as posted. One Care folder properties are 34.9 gb; staging area 245kb whereas the drive has a capacity of 372gb with only 34.8 gb used.
    Monday, August 4, 2008 10:44 PM
  • Anne, I suggest contacting support for help with this issue. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, August 4, 2008 11:19 PM
  •  

I am experiencing the same problem and would be interested in knowing what kind of solution tech support offered.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Hello Kathy, it would be best to contact support directly for help with this issue. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:26 PM
  • Same problem for me since July. There is plenty of free disk space on my usb hard drive and it just stopped backing up for "Insufficent space". I will contact the MS Support as the moderator told the others.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Another joke, right?  I have followed EVERY path offered and it seems every path leads me back here!  Gates strikes again, give them untested, unproven s/w and little support!
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:54 PM
  • Hello dougsan, send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and I will help you contact support.
    Jim
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 8:40 PM