Track two different e-mails to one contact? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to track two different e-mails to one contact. Is that possible or do I have to create a double entry of this contact?

What is the best way?

Thanks

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• There are a number of fields on a contact - these are emailaddress1, emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. You can use any of these fields to store the email address.

One thing to note though, if a contact has emailaddress1 set, any emails being sent will go to that email address, regardless of whether or not emailaddress2 or 3 have been set. If emailaddress1 is blank, it will use emailaddress2 and so on. A way around this is to use the mail merge for email functionality.

Hope this helps.

Ian Carter

Click here to go to UNIT4 Business Software.

Here are my links: Twitter Blog LinkedIn

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:59 AM

All replies

• There are a number of fields on a contact - these are emailaddress1, emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. You can use any of these fields to store the email address.

One thing to note though, if a contact has emailaddress1 set, any emails being sent will go to that email address, regardless of whether or not emailaddress2 or 3 have been set. If emailaddress1 is blank, it will use emailaddress2 and so on. A way around this is to use the mail merge for email functionality.

Hope this helps.

Ian Carter

Click here to go to UNIT4 Business Software.

Here are my links: Twitter Blog LinkedIn

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. The problem I think is that we would like to track all e-mails sent to us to a Contact. If this Contact uses two different e-mail addresses when sending e-mails to us, a different e-mail address than the one on Emailaddress 1, part of the correspondence will not be tracked automatically. So we have now entered the same contact in CRM twice but with different e-mail addresses.

Do you see any other way around this?

//Monika

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:27 AM