Page controls enhancements RRS feed

• Question

• The page controls need some enhancements.... I'm putting three of them in this thread, because they're all related, and probably can be dealt with simultaneously:

1. Page controls are only displayed at the bottom of the page, they need to be at top and bottom of the page.

2. Page controls no longer have the ability to advance by blocks of pages, or to a specific page number. The only navigation is Previous|Next -- which is particularly tedious in a forum with several thousand messages.

3. Changing a page with Previous | Next does not reset the view to the top of page -- I have to manually scroll back to the top of the page.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:06 PM

All replies

• The page controls need some enhancements.... I'm putting three of them in this thread, because they're all related, and probably can be dealt with simultaneously:

1. Page controls are only displayed at the bottom of the page, they need to be at top and bottom of the page.

2. Page controls no longer have the ability to advance by blocks of pages, or to a specific page number. The only navigation is Previous|Next -- which is particularly tedious in a forum with several thousand messages.

3. Changing a page with Previous | Next does not reset the view to the top of page -- I have to manually scroll back to the top of the page.

You are, of course, correct on all three items. Surely this is Forum UI 101.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:14 PM
  • I completely agree with all of these points and continue to be bewildered by the fact that these very basic concepts slipped through the cracks during the redesign process.

I'm pretty sure that these suggestions were made over in the Suggestions forum very quickly after the redesign, but they've probably slipped quite far down in the page order by now.

Don't retire TechNet!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:19 PM
  • These are all new bugs with the Redesign.

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, August 30, 2013 10:30 PM