Microsoft's 70-680 "Self-Paced Training Kit" Practice Tests (any updates?) RRS feed

• Question

• Last Feb. I purchased this training kit and the included CD has some practice tests.  Have there been any changes to the actual exam?  If so, are the practice tests entirely out of date and are there any updates available to update the program?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:30 PM

Answers

• Well, I bit the bullet because I had faith in this material but unfortunately there were plenty items not covered in the 70-680 exam.  While I could score 95-100% on the practice tests, including 200 questions in study mode, I could not achieve a 700 (received 650) on the exam.  I don't think relying on this press book as an exclusive resource is adequate for the 70-680. Now I need to find another resource that includes some of the material that I was questioned on during the exam.

• Marked as answer by robsons Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:37 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:16 PM

All replies

• Did you check the publisher's website to see if there were any update?
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:00 PM
    Answerer
  • This is the page which makes no reference to any changes. I recently passed this test and was using an MSPress book for studying and bought this at the start of this year.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-680#tab1

With SP1 not due for official release until beginning of next year its safe to say that you should be ok but it may be worth checking for eratta on the publishers website,

Regards

Kevin

• Proposed as answer by Kevin_M_Porter Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:41 PM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Well, I bit the bullet because I had faith in this material but unfortunately there were plenty items not covered in the 70-680 exam.  While I could score 95-100% on the practice tests, including 200 questions in study mode, I could not achieve a 700 (received 650) on the exam.  I don't think relying on this press book as an exclusive resource is adequate for the 70-680. Now I need to find another resource that includes some of the material that I was questioned on during the exam.

• Marked as answer by robsons Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:37 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:16 PM