window.opener.location.reload(); on form save? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.

I have what *should* be a pretty simple issue, but I can't seem to find the answers.

I have built a plugin which allows users to select from among several addresses associated with a CRM Contact and choose any one as the "mail Merge" address.  The plugin fires a stored proc and moves data from the selected address into a set of corresponding fields on the contact record.

The problem is that the opener page (the contact record) doesn't display the updated "Merge Address" information (a SQL query shows that the data is, in fact, updating properly).  To verify that the new address is present, a user must close the contact record and then immediately reopen it... this shows all the updated data in it's proper place.

I've tried several variations on the theme of window.opener.location.reload() to get the parent windo to refresh with the new data when I save the address page - all with no luck.  Any ideas how to make this happen?  It needs to happen in the 'onsave' event of the CustomerAddress form...

Thanks!

Rusty
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:03 PM

Answers

• Hi, Rasty.

If you will rewrite code of your plugin in supported way (without direct SQL select and update) trough CrmWebServices, you can use my script. Look article . To retrieve parent form reload - add this code to OnLoad event of your form, change entity name to correct and publish.

I hope it will help to you.
    Truth opens to prepared mind. My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:13 PM