none
Server was unable to process request: for Pre-Update + MS CRM 4.0

Question

• Hi,

have registered the PlugIn as Pre-Create and Pre-Update, It is working when the Record is in Create mode But for Update mode, the Code is executing again and again (3 of the attributes are in ReadOnly mode). at last I got error saying that: "Server was unable to process your request"

I got the below detailed error,

Inner Text: "\n  0x80044182\n  This workflow job was canceled because the workflow that started it included an infinite loop. Correct the workflow logic and try again. For information about workflow logic, see Help.\n  Platform\n"

Outer Text: "<detail><error>\n  <code>0x80044182</code>\n  <description>This workflow job was canceled because the workflow that started it included an infinite loop. Correct the workflow logic and try again. For information about workflow logic, see Help.</description>\n  <type>Platform</type>\n</error></detail>"

Please let me know

Thanks, - Israel Pradeep, - Software Engineer & PMP & B.I - Entrepreneur, - "If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"".
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Pradeep,

I think when you are updating some attribute, you have another workflow which is executing on an attribute value change and updating some value on this same entity record will cause the plugin to fire again and again.

You can check the context.Depth property value.

A plug-in can invoke a Web service call which causes another plug-in to executed, and so on. The system limits depth to a value of eight (8). After a depth of 8, an exception is thrown by the system to avoid an infinite loop.

Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:14 AM