CRM performance during solution publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a virtual test server windws 2012 with sql 2012 and crm 2013 installed. 10gb ram and 4 procs.

There are just few users who work with that crm. Sometimes solutions are published.

The problem is that during  solution publishing crm works very slowly or even becomes  unresponsive.

Loading  services are sqlserver and w3wp.

Does  it mean solution publishing is heavy operation and this behavior is normal(and we need just to set more resources) or we need to consider there is something wrong? How can this be figured out?

thank you.

• Edited by anlims Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:56 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This sounds very typical - Installing Solutions and publishing are very resource hungry activities and also create exclusive locks on the database. You should only perform this actions outside of business hours or during scheduled down time.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by anlims Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:17 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:14 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This sounds very typical - Installing Solutions and publishing are very resource hungry activities and also create exclusive locks on the database. You should only perform this actions outside of business hours or during scheduled down time.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by anlims Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:17 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:14 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

As Scott mentioned above, importing and publishing solution is really resource incentive process and it is normal.

Alternatively, using this tool from codeplex might help by utilising the Asynchronous Solution import process: http://dynamicscrmeasysolutionimporter.codeplex.com/

Cheers,

Andre

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:37 AM
  • On top of this, fully virtualized SQL databases are not recommended for production instances of CRM, as it seriously slows down I/O. A CRM database should be isolated to a physicalized disk (or SAN) even if the SQL Server itself is running on a virtualized server.

Disk I/O will definitely be a limiting factor for solution publishing, which will seriously affect anyone using CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:34 PM
  • Thanks all for your replies!
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:18 PM