Cannot connect Linux DSVM with X2Go RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I've deployed a Linux DSVM and can login successfully with bash. I would like to use the X2Go client, but using the same credentials I use with bash, I repeatedly get the error: "The remote proxy closed the connection while negotiating the session. This may be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to the server."

For configuring X2Go, I am following the instructions at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/data-science-virtual-machine/dsvm-ubuntu-intro#installing-and-configuring-x2go-client

Thanks,

Andy

Monday, March 5, 2018 5:00 PM

Answers

• Gopi - Yes, I was selecting XFCE. I started up a new VM and I can successfully connect now through X2Go - so I'm not sure what the issue was. Thanks for your response.

-Andy

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Did you set the Session Type as "XFCE"? We have configured only XFCE on the Ubuntu Linux DSVM. Unfortunately when you install X2go client, XFCE is not the default option and hence it is a common error for our users. Please send a screenshot if you are still having issues with session set as XFCE. 

Thanks/Gopi

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:38 PM
  • Gopi - Yes, I was selecting XFCE. I started up a new VM and I can successfully connect now through X2Go - so I'm not sure what the issue was. Thanks for your response.

-Andy

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:58 PM