Problem with my home security system and home server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Home Server running at home, been running since 2008 and server is up to date. I don’t have any issues with server at all.  Server Remote Access has been working since as well.  I am able to remote logon to my server from anywhere when I am away from my home.  I just bought a home security system I installed it without any issues.  When I am away from home and try to connect to my security system my Windows Home Server is coming up on the browser.  On the Windows Home Server, when I am away from home, the link to connect to my home server is “whatever.homeserver.com” and I am at login page.  My home security system has its own link to connect as well, but for what every reason when I am away and try to connect to my home security system my Windows Home Server is coming up.  Is there a proper way to configure so both links has its own path?

Thank you so much!

• Changed type Justin Gu Friday, September 12, 2014 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:14 PM

Answers

• They are probably using the same Ports which are forwarded to your devices by your router. If you connect remotely WHS2011 requires Ports 80 & 443. If either of those Ports are required by your security system then you will have problems. Suggest you request help from the manufacturer of that system.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Friday, September 12, 2014 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:53 PM