emails and text boxes formats RRS feed

• Question

• when creating email tasks for marketing , we find the email body box very limited in what can be entered, the formats and paragrah are very limited, and we can't enter the text the way we want to.

is there a way to add tinymce or CKEditor or other solutions so we can be more creative with our mails ?

Leaf Consultancy NI www.leafconsultancy.com
    Monday, September 28, 2009 1:36 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can use these editor...

Personnaly, I used FCKeditor.

Just put a button with javascript that read the content of the email body textbox and send it to a new page with FCKeditor in it...

The put a validation button that sends back the data to he email body textbox

I know that one of the MVP wrote an article about that... Yes... I found the link : http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/html-content-editor-in-crm4/

Monday, September 28, 2009 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no supported way to incorporate any third party solution such as tinymce into the email textbox in Dynamics CRM. However, you may gain some formatting options by using email templates in CRM (or by creating your own mechanism based on the third party editor). If you use email templates, you may add formatting and have a better way of structuring the text within the textbox window in the email entity.

I hope that helps,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Monday, September 28, 2009 1:43 PM
  • Yes, you can use these editor...

Personnaly, I used FCKeditor.

Just put a button with javascript that read the content of the email body textbox and send it to a new page with FCKeditor in it...

The put a validation button that sends back the data to he email body textbox

I know that one of the MVP wrote an article about that... Yes... I found the link : http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/html-content-editor-in-crm4/

Monday, September 28, 2009 1:44 PM