Question about Install Rollup 15, the components, the installaion order RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,all

Our crm 4 is now installed Rollup 2, because there is  an evidence bug, i have to update this crm. I have read the description for this Rollup, and i have something not clear.

We have a Crm Web Server(native french and spainish language pack installed), a exchange server, a SQL server and a reporting service server

Firstly, i have to install the rollup 15 language pack french and spainish on Crm Server, then Rollup 15-Server on  Crm Server

after, i install the Rollup 15 email router on Crm Server and Rollup 15 SRS on  reporting service server

at last, i deploy the Roolup 15 for client on each computer of users

what i think is right? and for client component, i found on the CRM blog "Update Rollup 15 is cumulative. However, the Update Rollup 15 CRM Client and Data Migration Client packages require Update Rollup 7 to be installed" , that is to say, before i deploy Rolluo 15 crm client, i have to install CRM rollup 7 server or CRM rollup 7 client?

what's more, all the components Rollup can be installed independently? for example, i install rollup 7 server on crm server and can i install roll up 15 client on a user-side?

thanks in advance

Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are correct in all cases, save one. Before you patch the Outlook client to R15, you must first patch to R7. R7 is a requirement for R15. Other than that, you should be good.

Al

Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:00 PM
  • Hi, Alex

thanks for your reply, for Outlook client R15, if we already install R15 on the CRM server, we still need to install R7? Here, R7 points to R7 Server or juste R7 outlookclient?

Monday, February 7, 2011 11:04 AM
  • You must install Update Rollup 7 on the client before installing Update Rollup 15 on the client.

You can install Update Rollup 15 without installing any previous update rollup on the server.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 7, 2011 11:18 AM
  • thanks, i will try to prepare and install this patch
    Monday, February 7, 2011 1:13 PM