CRM 4.0 - System Jobs using old Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow in CRM v4.0 that when triggered, is suppose to create an Opportunity and a Task. The creation of those entities work just fine. The problem I'm experiencing is with the Opportunity Owner. When the workflow is triggered and the Opportunity is created, it is suppose to set the Opportunity Owner to the Account Owner. However, intermittently, it defaults to (what looks to be) the Workflow Owner instead. I've analyzed many Opportunities both created properly and those that weren't but I can't find any rimer reason as to why the result isn't the same every single time.

Could this be a CRM 4.0 workflow bug?

I was thinking about unpublishing and republishing the workflow to see if it would resolved the issue. The only hesitation I have is that the workflow uses a Timeout Until: 2 Months Before EndDate condition and was unsure whether or not unpublishing and republishing would break that condition...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nuno F. Pereira

Software Engineer (MCPD)

npereira@nunosolutions.com

www.nunosolutions.com

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:22 PM

Answers

• I know it isn't the best solution but the manual solution I explained above worked for us.

Nuno F. Pereira Software Engineer (MCPD) npereira@nunosolutions.com www.nunosolutions.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:13 PM

All replies

• So I think I'm getting closer... The system created System Jobs that were initiated when the original workflow was posted where the Opportunity Owner was not being set and therefore it defaulted to the Workflow Owner. This exaplains why some of the Opportunities were correctly setting the Opportunity owner to the Account Owner and some weren't.

How can I figure out which CRM System Jobs are still using the older workflow steps instead of the current new one?

Thanks,

Nuno F. Pereira Software Engineer (MCPD) npereira@nunosolutions.com www.nunosolutions.com

Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:21 PM
  • The only solution I could find is to open each System Job from the CRM web console (GUI) and visually checking to see if the workflow steps that the job is trying to execute are in sync with the latest workflow. If the system job workflow definition isn't in sync with the latest workflow, I have to cancel the system job and trigger the workflow so that a new system job is created with the proper workflow definition.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:00 PM
  • I know it isn't the best solution but the manual solution I explained above worked for us.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:13 PM