Issue with updating Security Info on my Microsoft ID RRS feed

• Question

• I am stuck in a vicious circle trying to sort an issue with my Microsoft account.

I need to remove an old, defunct, email address and add a load of new security info however, depending on whether the date format on the page I keep being directed to is UK or US, either the updates haven’t happened or they won’t be happening until next month – which seems ridiculous!

I’m trying to sign up for a Windows Store developer account to publish a Windows 8 app. I’m using my MSDN subscription to register for this (for free) but there is a step I can’t get past because it insists on sending a code to my old email address – to which I have no access. It is picking up this address from my Microsoft Account Security info – however, I updated this info weeks ago. This is the screen I see (I’ve blurred out some of it as it seemed foolish to publish all my security info J

It says my old address will be removed on 03/04/2013 and my new info added on that same date. Does anyone know if this is UK date format 3<sup>rd</sup> April – in which case it’s a long wait or a US date 4<sup>th</sup> March in which case it didn’t happen? I’ve tried phoning 5000 and the Microsoft Customer support lines but neither of them have a clue where to start. They just keep asking me if I’ve forgotten my password – which I haven’t.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? My only option at the moment is to wait until 3<sup>rd</sup> of April and see if anything changes – which is not ideal.

Cheers,

Rob

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Navdeep Bawa Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:50 PM
  • did you find out how to change the faulty email yet it told me i have to wait 30 days

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Hello,

The Microsoft account forum has been retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here.

Select the issue you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.

You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form. If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one at https://signup.live.com

You can read further information about blocked accounts here.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:07 PM