problem entering product key RRS feed

• Question

• i'm haveing problems entering the product key. after i enter it it says it is not valid

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:51 PM

Answers

• i was able to correct the problem one of the letters was a J which was over the bar code so you could not see the bottom of the J. this madeit look like a 1 I | l when i finaly tried the J it worked.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:35 PM

All replies

• If you have already used the PIN to activate your subscription and you are adding an additional computer, do not use the PIN but use only the Live ID you activated your subscription with to activate the second computer. If you are using the product key to complete your subscription try the key again and be careful not to enter O for zero, B for 8 or any letter that could be a number or number that could be a letter. If you are still unable to enter your PIN please contact support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:26 AM
  • i was able to correct the problem one of the letters was a J which was over the bar code so you could not see the bottom of the J. this madeit look like a 1 I | l when i finaly tried the J it worked.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:35 PM