Mediation Server allways needed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have to integrate an IP-PBX (that already support SIP and RTC) with OCS 2007. I think that in this configuration I don't need a Mediation server because my IP-PBX already support the protocols. The problem is that, if I don't configure a Mediation Server, I'm not able to choose a Gateway on a Voice Rule. Any answear?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:08 PM

Answers

• You will need a mediation server until the advanced gateways come out around the time of RTM release. The advanced gateways will perform the functions of the mediation server, but until then it is required.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

I think you would still need a mediation server to perform the transcoding function  between the Microsoft RT Audio codec and the codecs supported by your IP-PBX (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:43 PM
  • For the media transcoding I don't think the Mediation Server is necessary as long as the OC is used as it supports G.711 and G723. But I'm not sure of OC Mobile and the hardphone models.

Then it might be necessary to use the Mediation Server for call routing reasons, I don't know.

/Janne

Friday, May 25, 2007 12:17 PM
  • You will need a mediation server until the advanced gateways come out around the time of RTM release. The advanced gateways will perform the functions of the mediation server, but until then it is required.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:00 PM