Creation of files 8hrs+ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Have just setup WHS 2012 and added a homegroup, on one of the shared directories I create other directories while logged onto the WHS using RDP with the Admin account. When I view the creation date of the directories the creation date is as I expect it, but when viewed from my client the creation date/time is 8 hrs ahead.

Example:

Creation date\time on WHS is - 25/04/2012 21:56

Creation date\time on Win7 Client is - 26/04/2012 05:56

I can confirm that the time zone on both client and server are GMT 0 - Edinburgh, London and both of the clocks are at the correct time

In fact all files or folders that are viewed from the client are 8 hrs ahead of the WHS file creation time.

Any ideas of what is wrong here?

Regards,

Barry

Scotland UK

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:40 PM

All replies

• Not sure if this is the solution, but you should not be creating WHS folders using RDP and the Server Desktop. All folders and indeed almost all administration should be done using the Dashboard. 8 hours sounds like the difference between West Coast USA (the default time of WHS) and the UK.

I assume you mean WHS2011! Also, HomeGroup and WHS do not play well together - I would recommend removing it and use the Dashboard to set individual folder permissions.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:57 PM