Some users getting Access Denied when accessing a project site (PS 2010, PP 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project in PS server 2010.  This project was created with a Sharepoint project site.  I am trying to give access to this site to someone that is not part of the MS Project resource pool.  In the Site Permissions page, I grant permissions to this user with Contribute access right.  However, he always gets an access denied message.

What is my problem? 

Thanks

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is this the default template from project server 2010?

Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:43 PM
  • I use the default template to create it, but added some WEB parts.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Does the user gets the email that he/she has been added to this sharepoint site? Make sure user is using the correct URL some times it is user issue then tool issue :). User will not have access to /PWA... So make sure he/she is not trying to get into /PWA. Do you have any webpart pulling info from PWA?

• Proposed as answer by Gaurav Wason Friday, April 29, 2011 3:19 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Thanks!

He is using the correct URL, but yes there are WEB parts showing project information.  In the home page, I am showing project cost information coming from the OLAP CUBE.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:58 PM
  • I removed the WEB parts connected to the Performance Point service and it works.  How can we set these WEB parts connected to the Performance Point service so that we do not get an access denied on the page?

Thanks for your help!

Friday, April 29, 2011 3:09 PM
  • You can create a new page and add that webpart on that page

Friday, April 29, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Well, I will get the error on that new page.  I have several pages displaying Performance Point service content.  There sould be a way to set this up so that the users that have granted permissions on a site can also see the Performance Point content.

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Benoiit:

Project Server data is governed by Project Server security. So, you cannot work around that in a SharePoint site unless you present the information through Excel Services, or an SSRS report.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:32 PM