Windows Live OneCare 2.5.2900.03 Released to production RRS feed

• General discussion

• FYI

This morning WinVista Club reported that the OneCare 2.5 beta has been released to production and was avilable as a trial download at the OneCare web site.  If updates to existing users goes as previous versions, existing users will see the update over the next few weeks.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:05 PM

All replies

• That is correct. The current version of OneCare available to new users (or when reinstalling) is 2.5. It looks and acts pretty much like 2.0. The changes are mostly "under the covers" in bug fixes, performance enhancements, etc.

All users of 2.0 will be upgraded automatically, so there is no reason to do anything at all if you are running 2.0 right now.

-steve

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:43 PM
  • I just upgraded to version 2.5, via download of the new version from the main OneCare page, uninstall version 2.5, reboot and then install version 2.5. After that I just punched in the appropriate stuff for my activation and I was good to go. I just need to get the lead out, download the new version and get my laptop updated now.

I figured I would do the reinstall method, as I wanted version 2.5, but wasn't about to wait to see when I would be upgraded to version 2.5, from version 2.0 whenever the automatic upgrades start.

Next order of business is to buy a retail copy for $15.00 to $20.00 - generally around $20.00 - when the local Office Max has them on sale for around that price for next years renewal.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 4:48 AM
  •  

Automatic updates on 2 machines today, no problems, but no idea what it does differently.

Hope my problem with false detection of problems on other machines in circle when they start goes away

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 12:44 AM
  • Update went well.  Kind of surprised me that the update gave no indication until it asked for a reboot.

It would be nice to see a lit of bug fixes, updates, and potential feature additions.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:15 PM