none
Problem with Prometric exam center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to find out where can I get help if I face problem with Prometric exam.  

I had registered with Prometric for exam 70-647 on 16-Sep at 10:00AM.
    On 16-Sep, I reach the exam venue and was inform that the exam venue was close.

I had wasted 7 hours on that day (2 hours travel from my home to exam venue, waited at exam venue for 3 hours and take another 2 hours to return home) and didn't manage to sit for exam. I keep calling exam venue phone number on that day and no one is answering the call.

Upon return home, I submit a complaint to Prometric using the form on their website.
    Prometric only reply me with an email 2 days later asking me to call their candidate care number.

I call Prometric candidate care and spend 10 minutes to explain to them my problem as if they never receive my complaint. Prometric told me their system show that the exam venue is not close on that day and I have to call the exam venue to re-schedule the exam.

I then call the exam venue and was inform that I need to call Prometric to re-schedule the exam for me. They say their system does not show that I had register for the exam on 16-Sep. I had explain to exam venue that it was Prometric who ask me to call them to re-register. They told me they will call Prometric on this issue and get back to me.

After one day without return call from either exam venue or Prometric, I decided to call Prometric again. I then have to spend time to explain to them the problem that I face from beginning (I can't understand why a large organisation like Prometric don't keep a log of customer feedback/complaint and expect customer keep explaining to them whenever customer call back). Prometric then told me they never receive any update from exam venue that they were close on 16-Sep and expect me to keep calling exam venue to get them update Prometric that they were close on that day. The guy from Prometric candidate care refuse to take ownership of this problem to call the exam venue to find out whether it was close on exam date.

I then call the exam venue again and was inform that Prometric's number is busy whenever they trying to call them. They told me they can't help me to re-register for exam, only Prometric can help me to re-register for exam.

It seems like none of Prometric Candidate care or exam venue want to take ownership of this problem.

Please advice who can assist me with this issue?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:41 AM

Answers

• Good day Mr Wharton,

Hope you are doing well. I am Jay the Supervisor for Prometric Global Candidate Care department. It has been brought to my concern that one of our candidates had encountered some problem with our Prometric center. I would like to get this isue resolved but I would require further information on the candidate.

I would like to reach out to the candidate and accomodate the best I can. Would it be possible if you coud drop me an email at sharmeswari.shanmugam@prometric.com with his details to discuss this.

Please kindly assist and advise.

Regards,

Jay

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

• I have raised your concerns with Microsoft Learning (MSL) to see whether they have an escalation point to deal with this issue.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:35 AM
  • Good day Mr Wharton,

Hope you are doing well. I am Jay the Supervisor for Prometric Global Candidate Care department. It has been brought to my concern that one of our candidates had encountered some problem with our Prometric center. I would like to get this isue resolved but I would require further information on the candidate.

I would like to reach out to the candidate and accomodate the best I can. Would it be possible if you coud drop me an email at sharmeswari.shanmugam@prometric.com with his details to discuss this.

Please kindly assist and advise.

Regards,

Jay

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Hi Jay,

Hopefully the OP will contact you directly.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:09 PM
  • Did the OP contact you Jay?

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:14 AM
  • Hello,

Is there a way to draw Microsoft attention to the service level that Prometric provides as MS test taker?

I have the same problem: test center was closed at the time of appointment and it does not really care of the resolution at all. I have filled customer fare form at Prometric website twice and nothing happened. No confirmation, no response. Support phones are not reachable absolutely. In fact it is the first time when I do not really know what to do next.

Alex

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:28 PM

• SUB: Asking for Help (Exam has not been conduct at Prometric Center at Below address)

Test Site Code:     IIJ6K
    Test Site Address:     Off NH-8
    Ajwa Waghodia Crossing
    Vadodara, GJ 390019 India
    Test Site Phone:     912652454057

Myself Snehalkumar, 30 Jan 2014, I scheduled to have an exam on 23 March April2014. I went 1 Hour Before at Site Location Which Is above.

At Site location, No one is there except security. I called on above site location number no one picked up the phone. I got the number from security 919879261687 that person (Sajesh Thomas) was managed/arranged at there. I talked with him and he replied me that there is no more Prometric center here its only for L&T employees.

He gave me another number 09313978791 and said that talked to him, he is regional head  of Promatric I think his name is Utkarsh Pande.

I cleared state him what i can do now? I came faraway (90kms) from here for attending an exam. He asked me what exam it is? I said 74-409. He said that its free exam so reschedule it. What about my time and petrol to come from 90 km?

I was very frustrated to listen this kind of answer. I am very disappointed and I said that i will complaint to Microsoft and Promatric center. He answered that go for the complaint. Just because he is  regional Manger so he is careless to manage/arrange and give me pathetic answer.

And give me another number and that was call center number 01244517160. He said that called tomorrow at call center. This is just one center of Promatric center that comes under him . How about other center? Same thing happen at other center which comes under him.

And L&T person (At site location) said that talked to regional head of Promatric Center. If regional head give me this kind of answer, Where should i go. I was waiting for long time and think what to do next? At some stage i was very depress.

I wasted time and money and went back to home 90kms without appearing an exam just because some irresponsible person forgot to arranged an Exam.

If  there is no more Promatric center at this site than Why they did not contact to let me know  that there  is no longer Promatric center? even day before, if they send me a mail or make a call its ok for me. but that did not happen.

Why on Promatric schedule list to see this site location if no more Promatric center. If its for L&T employees only than please specified that for only L&T employees or remove it from the schedule list so no one will have problem like i had.

I logged into Promatric Center website. I click on rescheduling an exam but that filed was empty so  no way to reschedule it.

Now you tell me what should i do after facing this problem?
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:02 AM
  • Hi, patelsnehal.

I would contact Prometric about this and see if they can help you reregister for your exam. Tell them the important details (just the facts) from all the information above. I suggest that you be patient and courteous on the phone.

They should be able to reschedule it for you. Here is the global Prometric contact information for Microsoft exams:
    https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/pages/contact-numbers.aspx?client=microsoft

**NOTE: As a last resort, you may want to send an email to the global Prometric support contact mentioned above in the in the solution post.

NOTE: This public forum is usually monitored by fellow IT professionals like you and me but not by Microsoft employees.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Prometric is terrible. I couldn't even register a new account. Called them (in the U.S. 1-800-617-3926), he said their system was down but he could register me. Next day I tried to login with the login information Website said I wasn't registered. I created a new account, it worked, but when I tried to sign up for a test it never went through after giving my credit card info. Now the site is down again, can't login. FAIL.

UPDATE: I can login now (it apparently works some of the time) but after I choose the test center, the sponsor and exam, their system spits out:

The page cannot be displayed

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact our webmaster.

UPDATE 2: I should also point out that Firefox doesn't recognize the login screen as secure:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.register.prometric.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

UPDATE 3: I was able to successfully register for an exam online. The exam facility was good. I thought the exam was tough but fair. My issue is with their website. Hopefully Prometric will fix those problems soon.

• Edited by Alphadog01 Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:08 PM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:46 PM
  • Prometric is Awesome!!!  JUNE 17th, 201

Go here and you will get 15% off your exam fees for the MCSD+ Second shot free.  All you have to do is "simply click Buy Now" button.  Oh oops, no button that has that text on it.  Must be a misprint.

Get Pricing....hmm ok cool.  $382.50 for all three tests.

Voucher...enter my info and click Get Voucher, that should do it.   Hmmm...spins and spins, never stops spinning.

Ugh...this is getting frustrating.

Terms and conditions...

Microsoft Second Shot Certification Exam Pack Voucher Terms and
    Conditions

• Certification Exam Pack vouchers purchased from June 16, 2014 through
      December 31, 2014 will expire one year from purchase date. Certification Packs
      purchased between June 1, 2013 and September 19, 2013 expire one year from
      purchase date. Certification Packs purchased with a Second Shot voucher between
      September 29, 2013 and May 31, 2014 expire December 31, 2014.

Hmmmm...so according to this I might not be able to get a second shot but I should still be able to purchase the exam pack.  I know, i'll contact them and let them know something is wrong on their site.  Off to the contact us page.

online form (https://www.prometric.com/en-us/contact-us/Lists/ContactUsList)

Uh oh...critical error.  Damn that sucks.

Share your suggestsions...same thing.

Call them...screw it, they don't speak English.  what the hell is he saying? 

IT'S OFFICIAL PRMETRIC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Oh, I forgot to mention.....if you use Chrome it will submit and you'll get an expired voucher.  Awesome!
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:20 PM
  • That's why it's awesome that PearsonVue are back onboard!

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

I was scheduled for 70-417 yesterday. I went to the test center Ph77 30 minutes before the schedule. After an hour, they told me they couldn't dowload the exam. They made me wait (total of 2 hours) as they claim a Prometric tech was fixing the issue remotely. They couldn't give me a lead time nor set proper expectation as to what is happening. In the end, I had to leave because I had to work. The test center gave a trouble ticket number and told me someone from Prometric will call me. I asked for a receipt or any printed document proving that I shown up on schedule and they will reschedule my but they couldn't give me anything. The overall customer experience given to me was very poor considering the years I spent with Prometric as a loyal test taker. No one gave any guarantees, no documentation with signatories or seal. Not even an email response, they have my email info anyway. I was left uncertain what to do next. What can I do with a trouble ticket number? I can't even verify its validity because no one gave me any contact info when I asked who I can contact to check for status. I hope someone calls me as they promised. How I see it, both parties wanted to give me the run around. Neither wants to own the issue. No one wanted to show they care and wanted to help me. I felt hopeless yesterday. I tried calling the numbers posted in Prometric's website but none were reachable. I was left with the only option to file and fill up a complaint form. I hope someone from Prometric gets back to assist me. If possible, I hope Microsoft can this and stand up if they can do something about this problem. I'm sure this is not the only incident. I don't want this to happen to other test takers as well.

Also, I do hope they don't flag me "No Show" for not completing the exam. It wasn't my fault.

• Edited by CELDRIN_13 Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by CELDRIN_13 Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:20 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by CELDRIN_13 Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:20 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:10 PM
  • I shot an email at Jay's posted email address last night and got a reply from earlier today. Shortly affter. I received a call from a Prometric rep who helped me reschedule my exam. This is customer service as it's best. This is what customers look for in exchange for loyalty.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:24 PM