MSCRM 2013 SP1 - Web Resource cache expiration no longer working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with my CRM2013 on premise dev server. If I update a web resource (e.g. a script file) and publish customizations, the new version of the script file is not being rendered to the client. The only way I can get it to pickup the new version of the script file is to delete temporary internet files.

It's as if CRM is no longer changing the expiration number it puts on the end of the URL to expire the cache.

I think this has started happening since upgrading to SP1 but I'm not certain and I haven't tested any other of our dev servers yet (either pre or post SP1) and I am going to do that.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if they resolved it?

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:10 PM

All replies

• I encountered issues with caching when devtools stays open and uses old version until you F5 / Ctrl + F5.

There might be other browser widows ,add-ins, apps keeping the cached version alive. If you close all windows without F5 and re-open do you still see the old version ?

Another thing that might invalidate the new version are syntax errors. Is your new script error free ?

Lastly, try replacing the content of your script with a simple alert() and see if it behaves as expected ?

HTH

Dynamics CRM - Thinking outside the Box

Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

The script is error free. If I delete temporary internet files the new version of the script file is downloaded and works ok. It can't be the dev environment because if I edit the script file within CRM, in the web resource dialog text editor, add an alert, save and publish, I don't see the alert until I delete temp internet files.

To avoid having to delete temp internet files I've started using Fiddler's Auto Responder utility which allows me to redirect to the local copy of the script files and this works fine. It's also quicker than updating CRM and publishing.

I'm still curious as to why it's happening though.

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:37 AM