none
Sync is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I just posted a question asking if there are any known issues syncing with xp to vista. Not sure if this is related but here is the situation. XP SP3 and Vista SP1 machines. Using Echo. My main computer is the Vista machine. I set this up to copy our music folder from the Vista machine to an external hard drive. That is then copied from the external hard drive to the XP machine. What I am finding is that files deleted on Vista are deleted on the external but that didn't happen on the XP machine.

On the XP machine in preview and in run it indicated it was deleting but it did not.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 6:40 PM

All replies

• Forgot to add that I am using Synctoy 2.1. I have checked this several times since posting this and can't figure out why it is not making the deletions on the XP machine that were made on the Vista.

Since it seems no one has an answer for this. Does anyone have any other recommendations for some other sync software that I could possibly feel comfortable that it is doing it's job?

It isn't that big a deal with my music folder although I guess it is since these are the only copies of these files I have but I was trying it out first with that file before moving to more important information. I like the ease of use but if you can't depend on this...

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:41 PM