OCS R2 Server Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am having the most frustrating time getting OCS to even work with 1 or two Office Communicator clients.  I cannot even get it logged in.  This is a VERY basic installation of the Standard edition.

The Communicator client is reporting 10060 errors that it cannot contact the server on port 5060.  Would anyone have any suggestions this???  I see that DNS entries are supposed to be made manually but it is confusing exactly what needs to be entered in DNS.

Please HELP

Thanks to all

Gary
    Monday, August 24, 2009 6:59 PM

Answers

• Gary,

By default OCS is configured to use port 5061 not 5060.  Can you please verify you have modified this or update your SRV record to point to port 5061 instead of 5060 if you didn't.

Thanks!

-kp
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Gary,

Sorry I missed the what the DNS record should be part.

You should have a A record for the FQDN of your pool and an SRV record pointint to it, such as:

A Record: pool.domain.com  192.168.1.1
    SRV Record: _sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.com host: pool.domain.com port 5061.

hope this helps!

-kp

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:05 PM

All replies

• Gary,

By default OCS is configured to use port 5061 not 5060.  Can you please verify you have modified this or update your SRV record to point to port 5061 instead of 5060 if you didn't.

Thanks!

-kp
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Gary,

Sorry I missed the what the DNS record should be part.

You should have a A record for the FQDN of your pool and an SRV record pointint to it, such as:

A Record: pool.domain.com  192.168.1.1
    SRV Record: _sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.com host: pool.domain.com port 5061.

hope this helps!

-kp

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:05 PM