none
No one is answering my post and I have an MSDN account (and no one answered me here the last time I asked this!). RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I believe Mike Walsh replied to your other topic on this exact issue (it's just a few posts below this one) and his explanation made sense to me.  Here is my understanding:

• You had a normal MSDN account like most of the rest of us.  Your username is GreenMtnSun2 and you log in with your normal password.
    • At some point, you "upgraded" to an Ultimate account which affords you additional privileges (guaranteed response, etc...)

Based on Mike's comments, you may have selected a different screen name for your Ultimate account than you are using for your normal account (you may have inadvertently told them to do it this way or a mistake was made when it was setup).  Either way, you would need to log in under that account for the system to recognize you as an Ultimate account member.  If you keep posting topics under this account, they will not be treated as Ultimate.

That's my guess anyway.  Use the account that was provided to you when you upgraded to Ultimate.  When in doubt, contact support who granted you the Ultimate status.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:29 PM
  • I created my account for the sole purpose of the ulitmate MSDN.  It is that account.  I've done everything I can.  I need directions to log in right I guess.  greenmtnsun2 is all for my msdn. greenmtnsun is not.  I haven't used greenmtnsun for the msdn in anyway and stopped posting with it.  So that is the wrong path... Its not the problem.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:36 PM
  • This question has been intriguing me since I last posted and I have since been setup with my own Ultimate MSDN account and I believe I may have isolated the issue (well a similar issue that I ran into). 

If I want to view the SharePoint forums to post questions, I was always using this link (which I had as a favorite):

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint2010,sharepoint/ (note the technet portion).  If I posted a question anywhere were "technet" was part of the URL, then my Ultimate account appeared to not be recognized.  If I change "technet" to "msdn", the same forum loads, but I am now recognized as having my Ultimate account.  So the correct URL for me to use is:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint2010,sharepoint/

Give that a try and see if that helps at all (I believe you would have to create a question from scratch while on the MSDN URL, rather than the TECHNET URL)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:47 PM
  • I don't have a question today, but I will try it as soon as I do.  I also have a call into MSFT that should be answered by tomorrow if their terms of service holds true.  Do you have a creative way to ask a junk question, which no one will try and answer, to find out if it gets answered by MSDN?

I must say I was very excited to see your reply when I was at home, but then I got to work though and found out that my url says SOCIAL.MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM/.... when I post things here.

Hopefully we will know the final answer this week.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:42 PM