New Fields not mapping correctly when converting a Lead to an Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I created 2 new fields on the Lead file as picklist (Customer Type and Customer Class).  I created that same fields on the Account record.  When I convert the Lead to an account the 2 fields on the Lead record to not map correctly to the Account record.

Example

Lead has Customer Class = Pet and Customer Type = Dom/Store

Whe I convert the lead to an Account the Account fields are fifferent  (Customer Class = College and Customer Type = FRN/Store)

Saturday, March 27, 2010 3:54 PM

Answers

• your welcome, hope this fixes your problem..
    • Proposed as answer by Mayank PujaraEditor Monday, March 29, 2010 10:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by rubb0858 Monday, March 29, 2010 5:25 PM
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:17 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• have you updated the mapping for these two leads and published the changes...

to check the mapping..go to settings -> customize -. customize entitis -> Open Lead entity and then click on 1:N relationship..

Open "account_originating_lead" defination and then check mappings and make sure these two new custom fields mapping present there..if it is not there then creat new one and publish the changes.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:29 PM
    Answerer
  • The mappings are correct.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:36 PM
  • how you are creating new account from leads? I assume you are using "Convert to Lead" button in Lead form..can you please confirm?

Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:51 PM
    Answerer
  • how you are creating new account from leads? I assume you are using "Convert to Lead" button in Lead form..can you please confirm?

Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes I am using the convert to lead button
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:41 PM
  • well in that case , it should be working fine.. i have just tested in this my local VPC and it works..

have got latest roll up installed on your server?

One more thing i suggest you to verify is that Lead and Account new picklist values ar matching...for e.g. if lead Customer Class pick list field contains "Pet (Value = 1) " then  Account Customer Class pick list field contains "Pet " and Value must be set to 1.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.  I will check that out
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:55 PM
  • Looks like the key values are out of sync.  I will sync the key values and test it again.

Thanks..you have been very helpful

Saturday, March 27, 2010 6:03 PM
  • your welcome, hope this fixes your problem..
    • Proposed as answer by Mayank PujaraEditor Monday, March 29, 2010 10:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by rubb0858 Monday, March 29, 2010 5:25 PM
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:17 PM
    Answerer