none
Error While Updating My Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I tried to update My profile I'm getting error. I've filled my Display name and Signature Block text boxes and when i press save button I'm getting the error message as its a required field you need to fill it up. You can refer the below Image... Can anyone check this???

[img=http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/49030/2002288285186326264_rs.jpg]

--Vidhya Sagar | Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Monday, March 17, 2008 3:23 AM

Answers

• You've got special characters in your signature that are not allowed. I think when we migrated the profiles over from the current forums system it brought your signature over without checking for the invalid characters that the current profile system rejects.
    Our profile team is working on fixing the limitting characters but in the meantime, you should be able to save if you remove some of the non alphanumeric characters.
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Monday, March 17, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Our profile team (we have a different team working on a shared profile) did some fixes for our next release so which will allow special characters in several of the profile fields. Hopefully the release will be released within the next couple of weeks!

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:33 AM

All replies

• You've got special characters in your signature that are not allowed. I think when we migrated the profiles over from the current forums system it brought your signature over without checking for the invalid characters that the current profile system rejects.
    Our profile team is working on fixing the limitting characters but in the meantime, you should be able to save if you remove some of the non alphanumeric characters.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply, it works. But pls bring back the old signature format(i.e signature supporting special characters).

Thanks

Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps
    Monday, March 24, 2008 2:04 AM
  • Our profile team (we have a different team working on a shared profile) did some fixes for our next release so which will allow special characters in several of the profile fields. Hopefully the release will be released within the next couple of weeks!

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:33 AM
  •   We did an update to the Profile Page.  We made the following changes
    1. Read only mode of other profiles is easier to read.
    2. URL's can be copied to the clip board.
    3. Disabled charactor blocking from inputs fields.

Lead Program Manager
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:16 PM