Project Data Missing from Cube RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have an interesting issue with a specific project which seems to be missing from the cube reports (Project Server 2007). We don't seem to have any issues or errors with this project in MSP or PWA - all jobs run successfully and everything seems to work fine. The cube also builds without any errors, buit somehow this project's data do not show up in the cube - funny thing is that it is included in the project list filter, but no data pulls through and the project is not even listed in the grid. We also have a custom cube and the data for this project seems to pull through to that cube, just not the standard Project Server cubes... Any sugesstions as what the cause of this could be?

Kind Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:51 AM

Answers

• Coenraad, I have had this issue several times and it always relates to a corrupt schedule. In fact most of the corrupt schedules came from either a previous 2003 or 2007 format. Just to have a stab in the dark here :) but could it be that the schedule you referring to is based on a previous format? If so you may want to try to export the schedule into an xml file and re-import the schedule. This is the method we use to try to rectify corruptions, but to be honest it doesnt always work and if it doesnt, the only other way is to manually recreate the schedule.

I hope this helps

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Coenraad,

have you alreday checked if any data is available in OLAP views in RDB? If not, you could try the correct your RBD by rebuilding. If data is there .... hmmm.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Thanks Barbara

The fact that the project data is in our custom cube made me assume the RDB data is correct, but I guess worthwhile to rather confirm this... Did rebuild the RDB over the weekend as well for another issue - but not sure whether the issue existed before the rebuild or not.

Thanks, will post back.

Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Jip, just checked, data is in the RDB...
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Hi Coenraad,

it was my only idea. I thought about your custom cube. But I can imagine, that you used either tables or UserView views when you built your own cube, and not OlapView views?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Hi Coenraad,

2 more questions: are data available in Analysis Services? Are data missing for all 13 cubes?
    Can you find anything im ULS, after changing it to a lower level for cube building? Even if cube is built successfully, perhaps some tiny issues are documented?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Yeah, built our own views and did not use the Olapviews. The issue we have is on all the cubes. Will tweak the error log to see whether we can catch any minor issues.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hi Coenraad,

I have just a suggestion - for us this problem usually means missing data in the Project Properties fields.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Thanks MSP Admin

We have played around with re-beuilding the cubes and somehow managed to get an error which relates to a different project - which seems to be corrupted. Not sure whether this issue possibly impacts the other project for which the data is missing, as soon as we have fixed this we will rebuild and check.

Will post back with results...

Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Coenraad, I have had this issue several times and it always relates to a corrupt schedule. In fact most of the corrupt schedules came from either a previous 2003 or 2007 format. Just to have a stab in the dark here :) but could it be that the schedule you referring to is based on a previous format? If so you may want to try to export the schedule into an xml file and re-import the schedule. This is the method we use to try to rectify corruptions, but to be honest it doesnt always work and if it doesnt, the only other way is to manually recreate the schedule.

I hope this helps

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Thanks Marc

Yes we have found a project with corruptions and are busy to fix this - hopefully it will ensure the cube builds tonight...

Regards

Coenraad Swanepoel

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:53 AM