Is this going to work? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I have had the beta for a while now running on an old system, now getting some new stuff.

I have bought this barebones system.

Really basic but I got a price that is way under what they advertise it for

Basic specs :

• AMD Athlon 64 AM2 3500 2.2 GHz
  • 1024Mb 667Mhz PC5400 240pin DDR2
  • Black ATX Midi Tower 400W PSU
  • PCI Express
  • nVidia Graphics

A Liteon 20x Dvdrw / Ram Black

Two Western Digital Caviar Se16 500gb 16mb Cache Hard Disk Drive Sataii 300mb/s <8.9ms 7200rpm

And Windows Home Server of course (16 in stock when I ordered it from Novatech)

Can someone tell me if WHS is going to run OK on this. I was going to scratch build but got the barebones cheap (it was a return) so got it instead.

Am I going to have any driver issues.

I should have asked this first but oh well!

Thanks for any help

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It sould work fine, as you can see in this Topic and this Topic as example of others hardware that been running WHS.

My best.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:28 PM
  • I had a similar build over the summer, except it had only 768 mb of ram... it worked just as well as my new build with 2 gb memory, amd x2 4000 (dual core), etc.  Matter of fact, I can't tell the difference.  The only thing I'd HIGHLY recommend is going from 10/100 network speed to a gigabit card.  I was amazed at the speed difference with that in place.  BIG WOW! 

With the limited information on the mobo, I'm not sure if anyone can tell you if you will have driver issues.  But Nvidia is a big company, so it *should* be ok.  The exact mobo in use would be needed, I would think, before someone could say with 100% certainty. 

Good find.....

Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sould work fine, as you can see in this Topic and this Topic as example of others hardware that been running WHS.

My best.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:28 PM
  • I had a similar build over the summer, except it had only 768 mb of ram... it worked just as well as my new build with 2 gb memory, amd x2 4000 (dual core), etc.  Matter of fact, I can't tell the difference.  The only thing I'd HIGHLY recommend is going from 10/100 network speed to a gigabit card.  I was amazed at the speed difference with that in place.  BIG WOW! 

With the limited information on the mobo, I'm not sure if anyone can tell you if you will have driver issues.  But Nvidia is a big company, so it *should* be ok.  The exact mobo in use would be needed, I would think, before someone could say with 100% certainty. 

Good find.....

Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:17 PM