ASP.NET - HTML tag issue, please help me RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody!

First of all, sorry for my English... I'm Spanish spoken person.

Well, this is my first time in the forum, I hope someone can help me..
    The scenario is like I describe below:

I have a web site, which launch some tourism campaigns and send to some email addresses.
    These campaigns are basically HTML and they have some links inside to another web sites (not the websites who launched them but a different one)

My thing is that I would like to count every time that the email owner does click in these links inside the email they had received, and update my database with this counter information, I mean  I want to have two reference in each link, one for the website the links is referring to and another to my web site to increment a counter and update my database.

I know the <a> tag of HTML can have only "one" Href page...
    What I tried to do was to associate a JavaScript function to this Href, but...
    when I sent the email to my Hotmail or Yahoo account I realized these emails server removed the link from the email HTML and of course my JavaScript function was never call.

Please, someone can give any other idea of how to implement what I want?
    if you need more information, just let me know..
    I will appreciate to have some answer as soon as possible

thanks in advance
    Herline 
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Welcome to MSDN Forums!

I am afraid that your post is off topic in MSDN Forums.   I recommend you create a new thread at ASP.NET Forums also supported by Microsoft, where many JavaScript experts and web developing experts live in.  

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/csharpide/thread/8e9ed0d7-11ff-402a-8489-9b5f05eeb706 http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    Monday, February 16, 2009 10:19 AM