How to connect from outside the domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a problem connecting to my Office Communicator 2007 server with OC 2005 clients from outside my domain.  From within my domain it works without a hitch, but when attempting to connect from outside I run into all sorts of problems. 

Basically I've been tasked with connecting users in a different domain to my LCS service.  I have full admin access to my domain and the local workstations in the other domain, but have no ability to make changes to their servers. 

What would be the best way to go about it?

For the curious here is what I've tried:

Manually installed the certificates.
    Added my DNS server into the list of used DNS servers.

It takes me to the screen where it asks for the username and password.  Good news I thought...except for the fact that it does not let me log in.  Standard message about incorrect username or password or that the authentication method is not supported.

The kicker is that with only changing DNS settings, adding the certificates and adding addresses to the host file it has eventually started working....  Not after I changed a setting, not after I restarted the machine but randomly when I've come back to continue working on it. 

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 11:33 PM

All replies

• Make sure your authentication settings on the OCS FE include NTLM.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:02 PM