After Alternate Access Mapping MSP unable to connect to PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts!!

I have come across a trickiest (atleast for me) problem, it will be of help, if you can suggest something.. TIA. I am an admin for a PWA say http://servername/sites/PWA. But a requirement came to me, for changing the URL. I extended the web application with a different Host Header on the same port. A new IIS site did get created and also Alternate Access Mapping did get updated.

checked the PWA with new url which was something like http://xyz.customername.co.in/sites/PWA , and yes it was indeed working. It was all good, when suddenly a Project Manager bring to my notice that MSP is unable to connect to the new URL, and its happening with all the users.

The error is as follows:

"Project was not able to connect to Project Web App because of the following error:

Project Web App could not be contacted.

If you retry and are still unable to connect, try the following:

• Verify that you can connect to other Web sites.
    • Make sure that the Project Web App URL is correct.
    • Make sure you can connect to Project Web App with Internet Explorer.
    • Contact your server administrator for more help.

"

Has anyone faced such problem earlier? Please revert.

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Manish,

I know it's been a while but did you solve this?  It appears you are dealing with PS 2010.  Extending the Web Application is one way to accomplish this.  AAM's is another way.

overall I find that the best method to make this work is to redo your SharePoint web application on the correct host header URL from step 1.  you can create a dummy content DB, then attach your real PWA content DB.  Then provision PWA using your existing DB's.

you can then access your PWA from the correct URL.

2010 was a bit picky on this point, 2013 is a little better, IMO.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

Sunday, January 8, 2017 12:30 AM