WHS 2011 slow read on network connection RRS feed

• Question

• We have just installed WHS in a small office, five workstations, and all but one computer can barely read files.  All computers including the WHS box have 1 GPS LAN adapters, all have the same fire wall settings, windows fire wall, all the same antivirus software, AVG.  Since files take far to long to open I ran a LAN speed test from each of workstations and on the one that works the speed is 450 Mbs write / 350 Mbs read.  On the slow connecitons the speed is 450 Mbs write / 0.1330 Mbs read.  Obviously that isn't acceptable.  Any suggestions?

LaunchPad (LP) is running on all the machines and windows fire wall was set up when LP was installed.  In two cases I instaleld LP with AVG firewall runnign so I uninstalled LP turned off AVG firewall, turned on windows firewall and re-installed LP.  No luck still horrible read speeds.  We can't even open some larger files due tot he slow read speeds.  

thanks Joe

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:33 AM

All replies

• If the WHS box has AVG installed, remove it and re-run the speed tests.

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

We have just installed WHS in a small office, five workstations, and all but one computer can barely read files.  All computers including the WHS box have 1 GPS LAN adapters, all have the same fire wall settings, windows fire wall, all the same antivirus software, AVG.  Since files take far to long to open I ran a LAN speed test from each of workstations and on the one that works the speed is 450 Mbs write / 350 Mbs read.  On the slow connecitons the speed is 450 Mbs write / 0.1330 Mbs read.  Obviously that isn't acceptable.  Any suggestions?

LaunchPad (LP) is running on all the machines and windows fire wall was set up when LP was installed.  In two cases I instaleld LP with AVG firewall runnign so I uninstalled LP turned off AVG firewall, turned on windows firewall and re-installed LP.  No luck still horrible read speeds.  We can't even open some larger files due tot he slow read speeds.  

thanks Joe

BullDawg
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:30 AM