Re: Misleading WHS information published RRS feed

• General discussion

• Let me just say that not only thr website is misleading, but the information contained in the oem release of this operating system also states that Windowdos XP Home is supported by WHS.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:32 AM

All replies

• What exactly on the WHS website do you think is misleading?

Andrew

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:00 AM
  • I have the oem release and the information contained is mis-leading

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Again, what do you think is misleading on the website and in the OEM release?

If you can actually be a little more specific then the WHS team and others can respond.

Andrew

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Windows XP Home Edition is supported. The only functionality you lose with XP home is Remote Access. You can use XP Home to remotely access your Home Server, but you cannot remotely access a machine running Windows XP Home.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Thanks Tom, but the documentation does not state this...it states that windows xp home is supported.

to me that would say that all functions should be supported...are the whs team working towards this?

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:35 AM
  • The ability to support an incoming Remote Desktop connection is not a feature of XP Home. That decision isn't in the hands of the WHS team; it's the Vista team that chooses what features are in what version of Vista. WHS can't add features to Vista, unfortunately.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:49 AM