dasBlog "Description" becomes summary in blog, how can I post a "Description" along with my post in WLW?

• I am using dasBlog and in the simple editor that comes with the blog there is a field for "Desciption", if that field is filled in, it becomes a Summary, and then there is a link to "Read More" which reveals the full post.  How can I get this functionality with Windows Live Writer?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:43 AM

All replies

• As long as your blog supports it (which I think dasBlog does), there is a button in the toolbar called "Split post". If you type what you want to appear as your summary, then press that button, then you can carry on typing. You will have a bar going across your post that indicates where the post was split for the summary.
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:32 AM
  • I ned to have summary support and tags in Expression Engine blogs. The split post button is greyed out, does that mean it's not supported thru the Metaweblog API. If so, is there another way to config Live Writer to work with Expression Engine blogs.

Follow up: Turns out that the Moveable Type interface supports much more functionality with our EE deployment. It give excerpts and other stuff. Might want to try it. Also, found that FTP is much more consistent for image uploading.
    Stephen V Noe, CRM MCT
    • Proposed as answer by Stephenvnoe Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:44 PM
    • Edited by Stephenvnoe Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:48 PM
    Sunday, June 07, 2009 1:01 PM