Customization Limit in Dynamic CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our company is using MS Dynamic CRM 4.0 and we are hosting multiple Organizations in it. Our most of CRM client wants some customization. So our developers customize the CRM.

I would like to interest to know there is any limitation for customization.  Our developer just doing customization without measuring & considering server/CRM performance. What would be the best practices of customization.

With Respectfully,

Ramdas

MCDBA

Ramdas Singh
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• Performance wise your total user count will probably affect things more then your customisations. You may run into problem if your moving customisation from one system to another (e.g. dev to production) if the customisation export file becomes large, lets say you have 50 custom entities or something. But this can help if you run into the customisation import problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609

Also it depends on what type of customisations you are doing. If your using the standard (out of the box and supported) customisations features then you should be fine.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com

Check out the CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Rhett. I would also say that it's vital to use and adhere to the SDK. Some customisations can be accomplished without adhering to the SDK, however these may have an effect on the performance, and of course once you step outside the guidelines it's not as easy to get support.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:36 PM
  • the best idea for customization is 1st make your requirements ready and you should have hand some idea on the features available OTB crm.

so instead of creating completely new things like entities, make changes to the existing entities and do changes on it, which will make it simple and load on crm will be less also.

So just plan for it and do.

Sudhanshu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:58 AM