sync files to other folder problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Used sync toy 2.0 before but I ran some problems with it. Basically I want to sync/back up my files from my c drive to my external hard drive. I've selected synchronize as a default method of sync and I've noticed that some of my existing files in my external hard drive have been deleted permanently. I was upset about this because it deleted some of my children's photos without my knowledge and because I was also confident it will do what I was expecting it to do. So, uninstall it and didn't bother to use it back in 2009.

Moving to the present day, my wife has got loads of important files that she need to backup from her laptop and basically I couldn't be bother to check her files all the time and thinking to use the sync toy again. But I want some help from you guys first how to set it up properly this time and not lose any important files or else she will freak out if I mess this up so here we go.

I need to setup the sync toy and what I want to do, pair a folder from d drive and a folder from my external hard drive. Copy all new files that has been created from d folder to external hard drive and not delete any files that is not existing from d drive, if that makes any sense. Basically just copy the new ones and keep it there so I can free some space on my wife's d drive. Hope you can help! Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon guys.

Friday, March 12, 2010 11:48 PM

Answers

• Firstly, I am sorry for your files lossing. But even if SyncToy had deleted files in your folder pairs, you can restore them from recycle bin folder.

For your current problem, obviously you can create a folder pairs with action setting as **Contribute**. With this action, the changes on left side will be refelcted to right side except Delete.

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:28 AM