IVR using IP telephony RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm planning to build IVR system(Inbound only, about 120 simultaneous calls) 

but I have only experienced traditional E1 telephony board based system and new to

VoIP world.

1. I wonder if I would be able to build the IVR system(not that complicated, just 

Caller ID detection, DTMF tone detection and recorded sound feedback) only

with normal Intel server, Windows server2003 and OCS2007, no additional H/W

and S/W.

2. For the system above, I'm considering using lines/numbers from Korean telco

which is offering IP telephony service. Are there any probable compatibility problem

due to differenct country?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Answer to #1 - Yes you can do everything you ask with OCS 2007 Speech Server

Answer to #2 - The only problem might be with connecting to difference countries is connecting to Japan or the US for the ulaw and alaw conversion (This applies to anything dealing with Calls from or to US or Japan to any other country.)  

For Russel's Response:

For the telco integration are you taking a SIP trunk directly from your telco? In which case you may be able to terminate this on an OCS mediation server which will do the transcoding between the carriers codec (G.711?) and Microsoft RTAudio.

No need to do anything in OCS itself for Speech Server calls. You need to set which encoding you are using ulaw or alaw, in OCS 2007 Speech Server. The conversion happens automatically.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:19 PM
  • Thank you.

The line which will be connected to server is 1 Metro Lan with RJ45 jack, transmitting all 120 calls(phone numbers).

And I don't know yet which codec the telco use.

Monday, April 2, 2007 6:18 AM
  • In "OCS 2007 Speech Server" the codec being used should'nt matter so much. It sounds like this is VoIP provider,  so you should be able to set the VoIP Gateway in the Administrator Console of "OCS 2007 Speech Server" .

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 3:22 PM