Streets & Trips 2013 Trial Version: The Downloaded File Is Not An Application, or .EXE File RRS feed

• Question

• After downloading S&T 2013 Trial Version, the resulting file, after the download (thru MS Download Manager), is not an executable file, and thus when opened, it does nothing... except it brings up the "Open With" dialog box.

The downloaded file states that it is simply a "file".  No file type...  I've been downloading S&T updates for years, and this has never happened before.  It is extremely frustrating!

I have redownloaded it three times... to no avail.  Any assistance anyone else can offer, is greatly appreciated.

Carter

Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Protrucker,

Shouldn't the MS Download Manager itself launch the installation (run the file) after the download completes?

The simplest "solution" that crosses my mind now is to access the download page with a different web browser, click "download", and let it download now without the use of the download manager.

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/

• Proposed as answer by RichNC Monday, July 30, 2012 12:30 AM
    Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:02 PM
  • My solution was to rename the file to 'Streets and Trips 2013.exe'. (no quotes)
    • Proposed as answer by RichNC Monday, July 30, 2012 12:34 AM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 12:34 AM