Live one care blocks adobe flash player v.9 from installing RRS feed

• Question

• What can I do to get new flash player to download and install into MSN outlook browser?

I uninstalled my old version of flash player preparatory to downloading new version but  then couldn't get new version to install into MSN browser.  No matter what I tried, I couldn't disable firewalls i/a/w instructions from one care help or  outlook  help.

I tried every thing that Adobe  website  suggested,  but  when they  suggested possibility of Windows S/W  being corrupted, I went to my Geek Squad contract support at Best Buy.

With help from Geek Squad tech at Best Buy we redid all my efforts, and then he even went further as in  uninstalling one care completely. With live one care uninstalled, he successfully  downloaded new Flash player to my alternate browser ,Firefox .  MSN browser would still not accept the flash player download,  He surmised that Explorer was somehow irretrevably corrupted by One care and could not be corrected without reloading Vista.  He suggested just using Firefox as  my browser and forget about using MSN altogether. 

My one care runs out in March or April 08 and I will need to subscribe to something, but am somewhat chagrined that I have had to spend so much time and effort to resolve this issue.

I have tried every canned  help instruction regarding Firewall configuring from within the explorer tools section and from within  the one care help menu.  MSN still won't let me download flash player. 

I'm forced to use firefox to view clips with flash video content and I'm getting tired of jumping between browsers. I don't like to be forced to give up my MSN environment!
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:42 AM

Answers

• With all due respect, the tech's assessment that OneCare "corrupted" the MSN Explorer browser is completely idiotic.

While I believe that the Adobe Flash problem is actually an Adobe problem, as an MSN subscriber, you may want to contact MSN Support http://support.msn.com

Note that it *isn't* a OneCare issue since removing OneCare completely from the PC did not resolve it.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:07 AM