Add groups from Active Directory instead of users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm currently using an Enterprise trail version from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
    I cannot add groups from Active Directory into CRM. I can only add users one-by-one.
    Is this caused by the trail version? Or is it impossible to add groups?

Thanks in advance. ;)
    Friday, February 27, 2009 9:08 AM

Answers

• Correct you cannot add an AD group to CRM you must add users individually. You cannot add a group to CRM thus allowing each user in that AD group access to CRM. 

You can add multiple individual users at one time but you are just adding each of those users individualy just in one wizard walk through.

Hope that helps.

-Hoss
    • Proposed as answer by Hoss Hostetler Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Derky1 Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

• You can add multiple users by selecting New > Multiple Users on the Users grid in Settings > Administration. Each group of users you add using this feature has to be added to the same business unit and have the same security role(s). So so may need to use this feature multiple times if you have lots of users in different business units or with different security roles.

Regards, Neil
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 2, 2009 11:24 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Neil, so you can't just add a group to CRM instead of single users?
    (And if you remove someone from that group in Active Directory it will not have access anymore to CRM)
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Correct you cannot add an AD group to CRM you must add users individually. You cannot add a group to CRM thus allowing each user in that AD group access to CRM. 

You can add multiple individual users at one time but you are just adding each of those users individualy just in one wizard walk through.

Hope that helps.

-Hoss
    • Proposed as answer by Hoss Hostetler Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Derky1 Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
    I do think it's strange that it integrates with AD except the AD groups.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

Question from a Newbie

Can we add AD Groups to CRM 2011? I find it a bit strange that we have to add users and can't add AD groups

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:31 PM