Need Help, Home Page On First Page of Live.com Search Results then only the home page disappears RRS feed

• Question

• RE Site: www.movingdayboxes.com

Hello, my site was on the first page, typically in the top five for search term: moving boxes on live.com
    However in the last few days the page has totally disappeared from ranking. In the webmaster tools I see all my pages, but the home page has simply disappeared from live search engine results. Again everything looks good in webmaster tools including backlinks, score, and crawls.

Please let me know what you suggest.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:05 PM

All replies

• I don't know what happens. A lot of homepages have disappeared from ranking last days, I have the same problem.

I think it's a global live.com failure.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:37 PM
  • Thanks Pedsan, however it looks like it was a DNS problem with the host that they since resolve.
    Is there anybody from the Live.com webmaster team (Brett Yount) that can take a look at this?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:35 PM
  • MS is running spoofed bots against sites listed on live search, while pretending to be human. The bots pass fake referrers, with fake keywords, to see if the context of your site changes based on the keyword searched for. It is cloaking detection done in the most amateur way possible.

Due to the shoddy coding involved, along with the fact that it lies about it's bot status, this worthless bot gets caught in bot traps that are looking for fake ie6 agents. So, more than likely, the anti-spam mechanisms in place on your page stopped their garbage bot from lying to you about it's purpose, so in retaliation, you were delisted.

Next time, you'll learn that it is your duty to let any ____ they send onto your site, even if it looks like a malicious spider.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Hi,

I looked at this and also your cached listings in our index. Looks like we received a bunch of 301s around the beginning of this month. Have you blocked any bots lately?

@Tired,

To my knowledge, our bot giving those fake referrer strings was turned off early this week (and is still turned off) due to said issues you mentioned. 
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:03 AM
  • Hi Brett,

This link best describes what happened.
    In short we moved hosts and accidentally created an infinite loop as the old host and new hosts look for the index files in different ways.
    Is there anything else I can do to help ensure that our site isn't tagged with any kind of penalty?

Thanks,
    Matt

Monday, May 18, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Hmm,

well, I see that we are registering the redirect from index.html and .php, but I don't see that we have your / page indexed. We do have other pages indexed so at least there is that (we don't have to worry that you've been blocked or otherwise penalized). I've submitted your home page internally, so maybe that will help. I'll keep working on this until we get a positive result. Just ping me once a week or so until then.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:12 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Just wanted to follow-up on your last post and see if you can continue to help us?
    Anything you can do to is appreciated. This has been particularly hard to bounce back from since we were the first result on live.com for our most important kw.

Thanks for your help!

Matt
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:08 PM
  • RE: MovingDayBoxes.com

Hi Brett,

I really like the new Bing interface.
    I just wanted to check-in. Earlier you mentioned that I should ping you about once a week until my home page disappearance gets resolved.
    If there is anything you can do to help get our home page get re-indexed that would be appreciated. All of the inner pages seem fine, it is just the home page.

Thanks!
    Monday, June 1, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Just wanted to check-in and ping you as you suggested.
    Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:53 AM