none
Answers Quit RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing a strange thing.

I replied to the threads under Windows 10 IT Pro Forum and after clicking Submit button I am not finding my post. Thanks.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• It was a problem with Edge. No issue with Chrome.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:19 AM
  • Is this it? No problems here on Edge. There have been problems off and on with list views not updating for the last week or so.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/595a94ff-321c-42f0-a1f7-1a5582c59b0f/itunes?forum=win10itprogeneral#3756e88d-e717-412e-b72c-3ed68cf0c9ea

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:56 AM
  • I have cleared cache in Edge but bad luck continues. Posting from Chrome.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 6:09 AM
  • I mostly use Edge for reading / posting and no problems here. Can you describe the "bad luck"?

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:14 PM
  • Thanks Dave. It has started since I installed the latest Windows Insider Preview Build @16184. Today, I first replied to a post and after clicking "Submit" button my post instantly disappeared. I was surprised and re-submitted and again it disapppeared. I signed out, rebooted but it happened again. I cleared cache of Edge but no luck. I thought it might be a Forum issue so to confirm that I opened Chrome and submitted my reply -no problem. Everything was fine. Otherwise Edge is working fine.I also noticed ( earlier also) that Edge takes a longer time to upload images in TechNet wiki ,sometimes it faills too but works fine with Firefox and Chrome. I shall continue my investigation with Edge that why it is behaving strangely .

Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:01 PM
  • It has started since I installed the latest Windows Insider Preview Build @16184.

Sounds like this could be the issue. I'm not using the insider preview and no issues here.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:15 PM
  • after clicking Submit button I am not finding my post.

Do you use Thread order or Posting order?  Toggle with your Settings.  Alternatively you could try looking at the thread in its RSS view (which Edge makes into XML only) or you could also look at it in its XML view by appending  ?outputAs=XML  to its thread URL.  For that matter I suppose you should also just press Ctrl-u and look at its source that way.  Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:34 AM
  • Edge would loses edits made in the insert HTML feature. Had to switch browser to insert code. 

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:45 PM