Configuring IIS to host multiple website RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to be able to host multiple website on one single IP/port 80. Right now, I have a forum hosted on that IP and port 80, and I want to host another asp.net project on that same IP. I know about the host header thing. but, do I require to have the full host name (i.e microsoft.com).. where can I find that? The forum has one, but I don't know what would it be for my asp.net project. 
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    do you talk about Windows Home Server, which is the operating system this forum is dedicated to?
    If not, you are not on the right place here. Please check other communities, like the Microsoft newsgroups.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:05 AM
  • I don't know about the OP, but I'd be interested to hear the answer in the context of IIS on WHS. I use IIS as a test platform for one of my web sites. Right now I do it with a secondary IP address. If there's another way, I'd like to know what it is.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:50 PM
  • You can do this with hostheaders. Has also been described in a post in this forum.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Yes it's for WHS. But How and where can I get the host header?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:25 PM
  • You may want to search the Microsoft support site where you will find e.g. this article about configuring a web server to use host headers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:00 PM