none
Streets and Trips 2011 can it export .gpx file directly to Garmin Nuvi 255w or 1450LM ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• It seems that Streets and Trips 2011 is promoted that it can export .gpx files directly to Garmin GPS devices.

So far no luck. Anyone know if it can do so with a Nuvi 255w or 1450LM ?

I have a 255 and am considering the 1450 for lifetime maps.

Here is what Garmin tells me:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be happy to assist you.

Which devices that feature Trip Planner support routes that are created and transferred from MapSource?

Of the devices that feature Trip Planner, only the following support routes created and transferred from MapSource:

• dezl 560
    • nuvi 2450
    • nuvi 2460
    • nuvi 3700 series<sup>1</sup>

Upon the completion of being transferred to the device, the custom route(s) will be calculated prior to displaying in Trip Planner. If you are sending over multiple routes it may take several minutes before they will appear under Unscheduled Trips in Trip Planner.

Routes in Trip Planner cannot be sent back to MapSource. They can only be sent from MapSource to a compatible device.

<sup>1</sup>A software update is required for the nuvi 3700 series to support this functionality. Step-by-step instructions on updating your device's software can be found at the following article:  https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={8576ba20-e948-11dc-d6fc-000000000000}

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:02 AM