Web Sync Service using WCF RRS feed

• Question

•  

In the Web Service Sync demo you have to modify the Resource.cs to use the ADO.NET Sync objects. 

We use Windows communcation foundation and was wondering how this would be done, since I assume the WCF DataContract would be different than the Sync types?

Are you planning a WCF example in the future?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 11:14 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, February 23, 2007 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

Yes, I am planning for another demo with WCF in the near future. Most likely with the next CTP of sync services. I don't have a date for it though.

Thanks

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:40 PM
  • I have a demo that shows how you can sync by using WCF, I showed that at the VSone conference in Munich. You can download the demo from my blog: http://blog.dotnet-paderborn.de/2007/02/24/Slides+Und+Demos+Zu+Meinen+VSone+Vortraumlgen.aspx

The slides + demos are in German, but I think you should be able to understand the code. The WCF demo is the second demo in the .zip file.

The important thing when using WCF is that you must use the [XmlSerializer] Attribute on the methods used for synchronization, so that WCF can serialize the sync services types.

I don't know if that's the best way to use sync services + WCF, but it worked for me.

Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:16 PM