first product key said the licensing failed, i called microsoft got new product key and now it says the key is invalid. (have done this twice) RRS feed

• Question

• i got my laptop back from tech guys in pcworld, after the fifth time of it breaking and it had a new motherboard,hard drive etc. next the windows activation screen occured, the sticker for the product key was ripped off, i managed to get the product key for it online, however when i tried this displayed a error code- 0xc004e003, i called microsoft and they gave me a new product key - i tried this and it said the product key was invalid. so i called them back and the same occured. im now stuck at my wits end with a non activated windows vista home premium oem version. that has three possible product keys and neither work. please help me as i have no idea on what to try next.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:11 PM

Answers

• "sarahloulou" wrote in message news:8ad69fec-c45e-4778-bc66-272cf3778423...
    i got my laptop back from tech guys in pcworld, after the fifth time of it breaking and it had a new motherboard,hard drive etc. next the windows activation screen occured, the sticker for the product key was ripped off, i managed to get the product key for it online, however when i tried this displayed a error code- 0xc004e003, i called microsoft and they gave me a new product key - i tried this and it said the product key was invalid. so i called them back and the same occured. im now stuck at my wits end with a non activated windows vista home premium oem version. that has three possible product keys and neither work. please help me as i have no idea on what to try next.

You appear to have had a multitude of problems - it is going to be impossible for us to sort this out in this forum.
    I suggest that you attempt resolution through WGA support

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:37 PM