[Help] Maplestory and Windows Vista diconnection issues RRS feed

• Question

• Well ever since a few months ago I just get random disconnections in the game "MapleStory". Each time i disconnect, if I restart the game again, i will be disconnected again. What I have to do is go to cmd and type "netsh winsock reset". Then I have to restart my computer. That doesn't even help a lot because when I d/c again, I have to restart my computer again and then I will keep d/cing and it is really frustrating and annoying.

People said the reason I disconnect is because windows vista has incompatibility issues with MapleStory and Windows vista graphics are too high and MapleStory's graphics are really bad graphics and they are coded bad so it disconnects when the game is used with high quality graphics.

I can get in the game and I can play 30minutes before I disconnect again. Then if I try to go in again, I will disconnect after 5 minutes until I go to CMD and write netsh winsock reset and restart my computer.

This is extremely frustrating. Is there any solution to this?

~thanks I will deeply appreciate you if you fix this for me.

Edit: People said I can dual-boot with vista and xp however I have the xp disc that is only for my dell back up computer, is there anyway I can get windows xp from that old computer to this computer? thanks.

Sorry i put this in the wrong section.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:40 PM

Answers

• "Mazchazo" wrote in message news:8ade1702-4576-40e8-a3f1-b4c7ee5fa195...

Well ever since a few months ago I just get random disconnections in the game "MapleStory". Each time i disconnect, if I restart the game again, i will be disconnected again. What I have to do is go to cmd and type "netsh winsock reset". Then I have to restart my computer. That doesn't even help a lot because when I d/c again, I have to restart my computer again and then I will keep d/cing and it is really frustrating and annoying.

People said the reason I disconnect is because windows vista has incompatibility issues with MapleStory and Windows vista graphics are too high and MapleStory's graphics are really bad graphics and they are coded bad so it disconnects when the game is used with high quality graphics.

I can get in the game and I can play 30minutes before I disconnect again. Then if I try to go in again, I will disconnect after 5 minutes until I go to CMD and write netsh winsock reset and restart my computer.

Edit: People said I can dual-boot with vista and xp however I have the xp disc that is only for my dell back up computer, is there anyway I can get windows xp from that old computer to this computer? thanks.

Please repost your problem in a more appropriate forum - this forum deals with problem involving activation and validation of Windows.
    I suggest that you try the Vista Gaming forum - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/threads

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 11:50 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 8:38 AM

All replies

• "Mazchazo" wrote in message news:8ade1702-4576-40e8-a3f1-b4c7ee5fa195...

Well ever since a few months ago I just get random disconnections in the game "MapleStory". Each time i disconnect, if I restart the game again, i will be disconnected again. What I have to do is go to cmd and type "netsh winsock reset". Then I have to restart my computer. That doesn't even help a lot because when I d/c again, I have to restart my computer again and then I will keep d/cing and it is really frustrating and annoying.

Please repost your problem in a more appropriate forum - this forum deals with problem involving activation and validation of Windows.
    I suggest that you try the Vista Gaming forum - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/threads

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 11:50 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Sorry for renewing an old thread, but for people viewing this, my solution was installing windows xp and using windows xp. Now the game company of MapleStory, Nexon, made it where they changed compatibility to Windows 7, so having Windows 7 gives you no problems with the game.
    Friday, March 2, 2012 1:13 AM